Paris Only, October 4 – 9, 2015
$1902 Double Occupancy
$2402 Single Occupancy
October 10 – 17, 2015
$1784 Double Occupancy
We’ll start in Paris, soaking up this vibrant city whose history spans more than 10,000 years. We’ll strike a balance between group activities and on-your-own time so that each participant can follow their own passions. Our hotel is located on the Seine, with views of both river and Notre Dame, and fresh croissants only steps away. An introductory walking tour will acquaint us with the major sites and thoroughfares, and give you the steps to over 60 museums you’ll be able to visit free of charge during your stay.
We’ll include a tour through the major mosaic sites of Paris, including Nureyev’s fabulous tomb, and travel by train to Chartres and Raymond Isidore’s Picassiette House. We’ll watch the Eiffel Tower light in the evening, wander Paris gardens, cruise the Seine, picnic on market finds, meet Parisian artists, and tour artsy Montmartre cafes and haunts.
A special highlight of this trip will be the opportunity to create our own mural in a combination of paint and mosaic. We’ll be famous in France!
After five fabulous days of chic, we’ll board the express train to Avignon, grab a couple of cars, and head deep into the Luberon Valley — land of sumptuous markets and wines, perched villages, stone farmhouses, lavender, olives, ochre-tinted hills, hikes, and food, food, food. We’ll wind or way through multiple picture-perfect settings all 15 – 20 minutes from our own farmhouse, grab olives and tomatoes and pasta and whip up fresh meals under the trees, and traipse along the Sorgue, a gorgeously-green river colored by thousands of waving aquatic plants. Back home, we’ll talk about art and color, and sketch a bit. You’re more than welcome to bring photos of projects for any guidance that might be helpful.
NEED TO KNOW
- This art tour is open to artists and non-artists. All participants may join in as many or as few of the scheduled activities as desired, but there will be no refund for skipped activities.
- You may select the full Paris/Provence tour, or you may choose only Paris or only Provence. Prices are listed at the top of the page.
- If you need to leave sooner than the full 13 days, we’ll arrange for early airport transportation. Prices are based on a stay of 11 days. If you elect to stay for the full 13, you get two days free. There is no refund for those who leave earlier than the 13 days scheduled.
Sunday, October 4: Flights to Paris
Monday, October 5: Settle into Hotel, Guided Walking Tour of Major Paris Sites, Eiffel Tower
Tuesday, October 6: Museum Visits, Mosaic Tour of Paris, Paris Gardens, Evening Tour of Montmartre
Wednesday, October 7: Mural Painting/Installation, Coffee with Local Artists, Evening Cruise on the Seine
Thursday, October 8: Rudolph Nureyev’s Tomb, Chartres, Maison Picassiette, Museum Visits
Friday, October 9: Museum Visits and Paris Secrets
Saturday, October 10: Departure
Saturday, October 10: High Speed Train from Paris to Avignon, Transfer to Accommodations, Village Explorations
Sunday, October 11: Antiquing and River-Walking, Isle sur la Sorgue; Light Exercises
Monday, October 12: Explore Rousillon, Tour Ochre Factory, Hiking; Color Exercises
Tuesday, October 13: Market Day in Gordes and Village Photography, Possible Cooking Class
Wednesday, October 14: Explore Lacoste, Art & Design College, Dinner in Menerbes (A Year in Provence)
Thursday, October 15: Explore Oppede-le-Vieux, Easy Hiking Trails
Friday, October 16: Early Departure
- Airport Transfer to Hotel
- 5 Nights Double Occupancy in a Luxury Hotel on the Seine (Single Supplement Available)
- 4-Day Museum Pass with free unlimited admission to 60 museums, including Versailles, with no waiting in lines
- Welcome Package with Packing Lists, Tips, and a Fold-out Map
- 5-Day Metro Pass, Zones 1 – 3
- Guided Walking Tour of Major Paris Sites
- Mosaic Tour of Paris
- Visit to Rudolph Nureyev’s Mosaic Carpet Tomb
- Visit to Chartres
- Visit to Maison Picassiette
- Cafe and Croissants with French Mosaic Artists
- Creation of our own Paris Mural, using Paint and Mosaic!
- Guided Evening Tour of Artsy Montmartre
- Cruise along the Seine
- Visit through Paris Gardens
- Secret Paris Treats
- Transfer from Paris to the Spectacular Luberon Valley via TGV Train (2 hours, 44 minutes)
- Use of two 6-passenger vans
- 7 Nights Double Occupancy in a traditional Mas (Provencal Farmhouse)
- Market Day Visits to Beautiful Perched Villages of Gourdes, Lacoste, Menerbes (A Year in Provence), and Bonnieux
- Visit to Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, a village-wide antiques market straddling the green waters of the Sorgue
- Visit to the Ochre cliffs of Rousillion, with a tour of the Ochre Factory
- Multiple Opportunities for Hiking/Horseback Riding
- Departure via Marseilles Airport
- Personal Expenses
- Travel Insurance (learn more here)
ABOUT THE LEADERS
Carol and Pam have been organizing and leading trips abroad since 1999. Both are internationally recognized mosaic artists teaching weekly. Pam is fluent in French; both are travel-savvy, easy-going, and love taking on the world.
TO RESERVE A SPACE OR FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please email Pam with questions or to receive a registration form via email. A deposit of 50% is required to reserve space; tour balance will be due no later than July 15, 2015. Cancellation policy will be outlined on the registration form.